2.16.2010

Alcatraz

I went to Alcatraz for the first time a week ago. What an amazing visit. I had NO idea what an amazing island is it. There is so much history behind it... what a great eye-opener it was for me. There is so much more to it than being a prison. There was a happy community that resided there and at times forgot there was a prison down the road. And what a great lesson it was to learn about the original gangsters! Nothing can compare to the amazing views of SF from the island either! If you travel to the Bay, I highly recommend visiting Alcatraz, it'll be worth every penny spent!




















5 comments:

  1. Awesome views! How much did it cost? I would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You got some seriously amazing photographs of Alcatraz. I especially love the one with the pipe and the crack. And the one of the rotting beams going into the water. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna thanks for posting pictures!! I haven't been to Alcatraz in 11 years so it was nice to see your pics and be reminde of my visit :) Great pics, by the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is sweet. I want to go visit now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool pix Jenna! Reminds me of when I went to Alcatraz for a tour a time or two. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

    Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete